Why couldn't Apple leave the headphone jack on the iphone 7?

I

iMore Question

I've used an 1/8" to 1/8" cord to use music making apps (basically making the phone an instrument as far as the studio software on the computer is concerned).

I've accepted payments via Square.

I've plugged in to AUX ports on older stereos at work to be able to play my playlists over the speakers.

I plug my computer speakers into my phone as well.

Now I can do none of these things if I "upgrade". That's a huge deal breaker for me. I'd have to buy many components to get the use I need and that's a drag. Is there an adapter that could plug into the charging port available to give me back the headphone jack? I don't want to switch to Android this December when I can upgrade with my carrier but I will if I have to.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

This has been discussed over and over. The new iPhone's come with a dongle that will convert the lightning port into a jack. It will work just as you require. Thank you!

NinjaMom

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I've used an 1/8" to 1/8" cord to use music making apps (basically making the phone an instrument as far as the studio software on the computer is concerned).

I've accepted payments via Square.

I've plugged in to AUX ports on older stereos at work to be able to play my playlists over the speakers.

I plug my computer speakers into my phone as well.

Now I can do none of these things if I "upgrade". That's a huge deal breaker for me. I'd have to buy many components to get the use I need and that's a drag. Is there an adapter that could plug into the charging port available to give me back the headphone jack? I don't want to switch to Android this December when I can upgrade with my carrier but I will if I have to.

Yes. There is a dongle. A messy, half baked, solution but this is what you get with Apple sometimes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro