iOS 10 text messaging screwed up
"upgrade" my 6 to iOS 10. Problems, first and foremost:
1. Notifications for imessage/texts have ceased (audio and the red exclamation that appears on the Messages icon). Have no way of knowing when a text arrives besides randomly scrolling through dozens of threads. Even then there's no chronological bump to top.
2. All text message threads are empty and out of chronological order.
3. Message send status never shows complete.
Have toggled icloud drive, message settings, cellular assist, etc, all the hits I get from web searches. Haven't found a single other case of what I'm experiencing.
Thanks for your replies.
- 09-17-2016, 04:07 AM #2
- 4,115 Posts
Re: iOS 10 text messaging screwed up
Welcome to iMore!
My suggestion would be to do a hard reset. Hold the power & home button at the same time until you see the logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you. If not then you may have to try and restore from a recent backup again, which I hope you have. Have you also checked that your Notifications are set in Settings. If all this fails you may have to do a factory reset, but you will lose all your data going that way. Thanks!
- By alengman in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 9Last Post: 10-01-2016, 12:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-17-2016, 11:15 PM
- By dpham00 in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 0Last Post: 09-17-2016, 12:52 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2016, 10:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2016, 08:29 PM