Why is iOS 10 photo faces not scanning?

I

iMore Question

I have a iPhone 5S and just downloaded the new IOS 10 update and when I go into photos the people it says 'to finish scanning your remaining 400 photos lock your iPhone and connect it to power'. So I locked my iPhone and it connected it to my charger and nothing happened can someone please help me as I am so confused?, thank you xx

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Give it some time ... it won't begin scanning immediately.

Plug the phone in, lock the screen, make some coffee and when you come back you should see that it has begun to scan your photos.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My iPad Air 2 got stuck for several hours. Force-quitting Photos didn’t fix it. But after rebooting the iPad, photos are being scanned once more. Give it a shot.

Bartman27

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. It scanned 4,000 photos within a day and has another 1,000 to go yet it's only scanned 4 more photos despite leaving it plugged in and locked overnight and some throughout the day. Anybody have any suggestions?

iflaep

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
same issue here. I have 27'000 picture on my phone (stored on iCloud Photo Library) and it initally scanned abt. 6000 and now it stopped or only processes about 5 pictures during the night (when phone is plugged an charged and connected to wifi). Understand that pics in iCloud Photo Library have to download first for analysis, but this still doesn't explain the slow speed or no processing at all.. Rebooting didn't help in my case. Any ideas?

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine took a long time to complete, but it completed eventually. I just left it alone and only checked every once in a while. At times it would go all night and only scan an additional 100 photos, other times it would scan 4000 in an hour.

What I’m confused about however is that People are different on my iPad and on my iPhone. I use iCloud Photo Library, so all the photos are the same on both. No doubt when Sierra comes out Tuesday my iMac will show something completely different as well.

c3pome

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue.
I decided to give it a try and turn iCloud off and back on again, which helped and now scanning resumed and completed after about an hour. Before this, scanning was stuck at 700 pictures (of 2500+) for a week although it was on a charger and locked every night for hours!
I have the latest public beta, which is the same as the official iOS 10. I installed it on the day it was released, 25 days ago.
One weird thing I noticed was that although iCloud backup was always on, when I wanted to turn off iCloud, I got a message which said that no backup had been made for 58 days. Maybe the bug is somewhere around iCloud backup. I used to have backups to the iCloud every night and for some weird reason it stopped 58 days ago. I just don’t know why.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2