iOS 10 - body of emails not consistently displaying

melissarose2016

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes, irritating. I have the same problem only after IOS 10 and 10.2 . I get the first few lines of my email from exchange but then click on it to open it and read the message but there to no text- only a blank screen.

Myth0S

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I just joined the community to say that if you add another SMTP address on the Exchange server for that user without the apostrophe and set it as the default reply to address the mail app will work as it used to be.

Savannah O

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I was having a similar issue and through some searching on the web i came across something that said that any emails with an apostrophe weren't working. I had two emails on my phone one with an apostrophe and one without. (Exchange and gmail respectively) once i deleted the email with the apostrophe my gmail started working properly again. Hopefully this helps someone.

IThelpman

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi I work at an IT help desk and came across this same problem for a client and looked to this thread for potential answers or clues for resolving this issue. I'm not totally sure that this will fix the issue you are having but it's worth a shot. In the Settings menu under the Mail try turning off "Organize by Thread" for some reason this fixed the issue our client was having and I thought I would share it for others who may have the same problem. Hope this helps!

shieldsde

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem and I did everything including restore. I have three accounts and none would work. One account does have an apostrophe. A suggestion was given to turn off thread and that worked. This is something that Apple needs to fix there is no excuse to have a basic program fail that had been working just fine with earlier versions.

morinkd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10.1 should fix the issue per Apple (Business User here). tested with Beta last week and it worked for the users experiencing the issue.

adeath

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I still have the issue after updating to iOS 10.1. Had to have my Exchange admin remove the apostrophe from my email address to fix it.

idope-p

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi I work at an IT help desk and came across this same problem for a client and looked to this thread for potential answers or clues for resolving this issue. I'm not totally sure that this will fix the issue you are having but it's worth a shot. In the Settings menu under the Mail try turning off "Organize by Thread" for some reason this fixed the issue our client was having and I thought I would share it for others who may have the same problem. Hope this helps!

You the real MVP. This is the actual answer to this thread.

Mbiehn

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Apostrophe

It's definitely not an apostrophe problem since e-mail addresses nor websites do not allow special characters in the address. By the way, the problem exists on my iPhone and I've checked all the senders - no such thing as apostrophe or anything like it.

Mbiehn

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: Apostrophe

Another reply from my side. I don't use Exchange mailbox, no apostrophe in any of e-mail addresses, Sort by thread is turned off and I'm on iOS 11, iPhone X. All the accounts in Outlook display blank messages. iOS mail works perfectly. The issue is to be fixed by Microsoft , not Apple.

jcparanoia

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site

This is it! Tested and it resolved the issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73