Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Pokemon Go: Evolve Pidgeys and Rats regardless of their IV?

I've managed to make it to level 28 and (foolishly) I'm just know understanding the IV portion of the game in regards to what I evolve or trade in for candy. Thank you in advance for your advice on my questions.
    1) Should I continue to mass evolve Pidgeys and Rats to level up regardless of their IV? Or should I be choosey?
    2) I have several high cp Pokemon (2400+). However I recently discovered their IV'a are quite low. Should I concentrate on leveling up those Pokemon that have high IV's since I combat in gyms frequently. Example: I have an aerodactyl with 100% IV and cp of 1100. I also have an Eggsecutor at 2400 with an IV of 50%. Which shall I save up my stardust for?
    Thank you again for your help!! Really appreciate it!
    -Stacey

Default Re: Pokemon Go: Evolve Pidgeys and Rats regardless of their IV?

Pidgeys and Rattata are the easiest to evolve. Capture a ton and evolve them at once, using a lucky egg to double your points
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Thank you I know that they are the easiest to evolve but should I be choosey on the ones I evolve regarding their IV%?

Quote Originally Posted by WildCrd71 View Post
    Thank you I know that they are the easiest to evolve but should I be choosey on the ones I evolve regarding their IV%?
    You don't have to keep them! Just get the points to help you move to the next level.