iPhone picture organization

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So, iPhone tech question. I notice when I plug my phone into my PC to try to find a picture to move over to the computer...when I go into the Camera folder (or whichever folder your pictures are in), there are a ton of sub-folders that all have pictures/videos in them. They aren't labeled anything other than some random code and makes it impossible to find anything (like looking for a needle in a haystack)- no rhyme or reason. They're not in any certain order or categorization, either.

So, with getting the new Phone 7 Plus soon, I wouldn't mind organizing them...my question is this - can I create one folder and title it say "Old Pictures" and move all the pictures/videos from the random folders over to it and just delete the now empty folders? Or will this mess up the organization of pictures on your phone, such as the order of pictures in my Photos app, albums, favorites, location/date tags, etc?

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Of course you can, once you copy/cut all your photos from the iPhone storage and save them on the PC, you can delete the folders in the archive of the device. If you proceed in doing so, the photos on your phone will be erased, though, and its storage memory is read only (you can't put back in what you deleted, in short), at least without recurring to other, third party software. To have all your photos back on the phone (or new iPhone) you can either use that kind of software, or use photos syncing through iTunes (photos added with the latter, if I'm correct, are no longer deletable directly from the device, you have to erase them from the selected folder on your PC and sync the iPhone).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can create new albums in the photos app, title them, and put any photos in them from the camera roll that you wish. If you upload those from the created albums to the computer, then delete those in the album, they still remain on the camera roll. To remove them from the phone, delete from the camera roll.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the reply! Do you have any suggested software for organizing the actual folders/structure and pictures themselves on the phone? I'm using a Windows 10 PC. :)

Also, in doing this, since the pictures remain on the phone, just moved around a bit, will that affect my iCloud syncing to what is already saved and such? What about current albums and favorites? All my photos are currently backed up to the cloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the reply! Do you have any suggested software for organizing the actual folders/structure and pictures themselves on the phone? I'm using a Windows 10 PC. :)

Also, in doing this, since the pictures remain on the phone, just moved around a bit, will that affect my iCloud syncing to what is already saved and such? What about current albums and favorites? All my photos are currently backed up to the cloud.
If you create albums in the photos app, you can't rearrange them. I'm not sure what you mean to do. I keep all my photos in the Box app. I can better organize them there, rather than on the photos app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73