Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone6 rejecting my passcode (1 failed attempt, 2 etc) but I know it is correct. Help!

Trouble began when suddenly no service on iPhone. Live chat with provider said try to reset network settings. iPhone asked for 4 letter passcode. Entered and it keeps saying no I'm wrong. Worried about too many failed attempts and getting locked out. Help please!

Default Re: iphone6 rejecting my passcode (1 failed attempt, 2 etc) but I know it is correct. Help!

Stay calm and make sure you type in the correct passcode.

You will not be locked out within the first 10 attempts. After that your phone will delete itself if you have enabled that option.
    Otherwise it will tell you to wait for 5 minutes the first time and longer every time you type in the wrong passcode.

Good luck and join our forum to let us know in this thread if you were successful to unlock your phone.

Default Re: iphone6 rejecting my passcode (1 failed attempt, 2 etc) but I know it is correct. Help!

If you can't remember the passcode, you will need to connect to your computer and iTunes in DFU mode or recovery mode and restore your phone. You will need your Apple ID when you set up. You will lose your data, including photos. No way around this.