Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Exclamation How to I preorder to buy an unlocked phone from Verizon when I am with ATT

This morning 2:10am, I tried to order the iPhone 7 plus, jet black 256gb from Verizon and pay the full price. I am on AT&T with an unlocked phone and without a contract. I want to buy the Verizon phone because I "may" switch later this year to Verizon. The new ATT and TMobile phones do not have the CDMA bands and will not work on Verizon or Sprint. When I tried to place my order it would not go through because I do not have a Verizon account, only an AT&T account. I do not want to buy an AT&T phone for the aforementioned reasons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

Default Re: How to I preorder to buy an unlocked phone from Verizon when I am with ATT

The fully unlocked models available from Apple generally aren't available for a few weeks after roll out... wait for Apple to announce their availability.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,096 Global Posts

Default Re: How to I preorder to buy an unlocked phone from Verizon when I am with ATT

Also, Verizon typically will not let you "pre-order" a device from them without a Verizon account.

You will likely have to wait.