How to use upgrade program without traveling to apple store?

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 6s Plus through the Apple Upgrade Program in September of 2015 by traveling 2 1/2 hours to the closest Apple Store - a 5 hour trip, plus in-store time. It's time to upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. However, I don't want to make that trip again. Am I correct in believing that Apple has no method for upgrading by home shipment for those of us who enrolled in the program at its inception without traveling to a physical store - regardless of how great a distance that store might be? I believe that as time went on Apple provided the on-line home shipment option for new upgrade program members, but have not provided that same convenience to those of us who started the program with them. Can someone tell me if I am correct in my statements? If I am, shame on Apple! Those of us who are Apple fans but live in rural areas are apparently out of luck. It seems that the yearly upgrade program is of little value to us if we are unable to travel to a physical store.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I experienced last night there's no method of upgrading without physically going into an Apple Store. I purchased my 6s Plus with AUP last September and when I upgraded it took me right to the in-store reservation page.

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
So, if that's the case. Is there a way around the prospect of a 5-hour trip to upgrade to a new phone yearly? By the way, even with going online at 3 a.m. in the East and attempting to reserve for in-store pickup, the iPhone 7 Plus in gold (not even one of the new colors) was not available anywhere in the state, period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh