Hello. Im 15 Years Old. I have an iPhone 5S. I only have like a Very Few Apps on my iPhone. Sometimes it changes but mostly 1-4 Diffrent Apps. And in my Photos, its like only About 15 Pictures, but The Space keeps getting Smaller and Smaller. I have an 16 GB Version, but still, cant I just Expect having Theese Basic/Simple Things?! Its not like I have 10k Pictures, Thousands of Apps with Freaking Wikipedia, Flickr, MacDonalds, Starbucks or Something. But is theese Simple Thins really taking Up 5 GB or is it just VERY Slowly at Updatin or is it theese Annoying Updates?! I started getting my iPhone 5S on iOS 9, since then there was been Some Small Fixing Updates or Something I think, but I really dont think that they take up that much Space. Thank you for reading this out loud. Lol.
    09-09-2016 11:28 AM
    Hi, welcome to iMore.

I guess it's an app you are using that fills up with cache.
    You can go to Settings > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage > Manage Storage to see which app is using how much storage.

If you see an app using more than to your liking, simply delete that app and reinstall it. That will free app cache.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.
    09-09-2016 11:37 AM
    As you use apps regularly, it will build cache (browser downloading the content of websites you visited, Facebook images, etc.)

I recommend downloading Battery Doctor app that can get rid of cache without reinstalling everytime.

I know your issue because I used to have 16GB and it's a very small storage now that everything is high res and a lot of MB stored in your phone. Hope this helps.
    09-09-2016 11:44 AM
    You can also go to iTunes and try and rent a movie with a file size greater than what you have available ( i use Lord the Rings: The Two Towers ). It will clear up space as it tries to install and then you will get a pop up saying you have insufficient space without being charged for a rental. This DOES NOT work on iOS 10 though, and you will be charged for the rental.
    09-09-2016 12:35 PM
    Also, messages will take space. Especially those with photos and videos. Same with email. Delete photos in iMessage. Also keep your "recently deleted" album empty. Those take space.
    09-09-2016 03:17 PM
    Forgot about that. Deleting the photos, or the entire conversations in iMessage made a pretty big difference in storage.
    09-10-2016 08:47 AM