What should I buy next given what I need to do?

I

iMore Question

My old MacBook Pro just died (she was 11 years old).
I am a graphic designer that has cut way back on what I do, but I still want to be able to use the software I've purchased in recent years on whatever I buy next, so I can keep my skills somewhat sharp.
Would an iPad pro 128gb be able to run Adobe Creative Suite and Office for Mac? Will I be able to do what I was able to do on my MacBook Pro on a lesser scale?
I just don't want to buy another bulky laptop, but I do want to be able to work with photos a lot with Photoshop, create ads and print graphics with InDesign, and download book creation software, etc, and pull in many of the photos I'd backed up to an external hard drive before the big crash happened last month.
I also have to get into using cloud storage, which I don't quite get just yet.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Beth

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

An iPad Pro unfortunately will not cut it. I do a lot of what you do and no way can it be done on the iPad. Most of the apps you are talking about will not run on the iPad. You will need to go with some kind of laptop. My suggestion would be to look at the MacBook or MacBook Air. I suggest either of these mostly due to the fact that you want something that is not to bulky.

Both are plenty powerful enough to handle your needs. Lightweight and will give you years of use. My only concern would be which versions of Adobe Creative Suite you own. If it is Creative Cloud, no problem. If it is one of the CS versions it may not run on a new Mac. I run CS6 and have not upgraded my iMac due to issues with running CS6 in El Capitan or Sierra. As for Office for Mac, that will not be an issue. Just check that you have a version compatible with a new Mac.

If you have any further question, please become a member and ask away. I, as well as other members, will be more than happy to respond to you. Thanks and I hope this was helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234