Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Why does my alarm go off even when it is not set for that day?

I have an alarm set for 6:20 am and i make sure that it is only set for monday through friday, except this weekend it went off on saturday and sunday. So when it went off, i went into the clock app and i made sure it was off but for some reason it still went off. Any help? i don't wanna keep waking up at 6 am every weekend when i'm trying to sleep in
    iMore Elite

Default Re: Why does my alarm go off even when it is not set for that day?

I have never had my iPhone alarm go off on a day where it was set to off. Are you sure that it wasn't some other app sounding? Has this ever happened before?

Otherwise, you might try rebooting the phone but pressing and hold the power and home buttons at the same time and holding them until you see the Apple logo.
    iMore Newbie

in my case its always user error. my bad.
    iMore Nanite

This just started happening to me. Turned off my alarms for holidays and two of them are still going off.

Quote Originally Posted by ride_rd View Post
    This just started happening to me. Turned off my alarms for holidays and two of them are still going off.
    Go down your notifications list in settings one by one. When I have a "ghost" alert tone, it's usually an email account. Or a little used app trying to say something.