Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default What is the design language that apple follows for its products and which is to be kept constant ?

What is the design language that Apple follows for its products, like what is that design culture or form which makes apple look so delight and elegant ?
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: What is the design language that apple follows for its products and which is to be kept constant

Does it have to have a name? I'm not sure it has one on the hardware side, unless you want to use the generic "Apple design language" appellation.

On the software side, when Mac OS X came out they called the UI design Aqua, but I'm not sure if this name is applicable anymore. There have various design guideline documents for their platforms they call Human Interface Guidelines, which are available at https://developer.apple.com/design/ Those are certainly not absolute, even Apple doesn't always follow them to the letter, and they often tend to be vague.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: What is the design language that apple follows for its products and which is to be kept constant

Simplicity

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Romcy View Post
    Simplicity
    This was the first thing that came to mind yes. And might I add that it's actually 'productive, working out of the box' simplicity?
    It's not just the design but the overall internal and external working of the device that makes Apple great.