I'm getting bogus invoices from iTunes saying I have ordered an itunes service

I

iMore Question

The emails say a member of my family has order the service and if I wish to cancel or manage click here. It then requests name address and password along with a security question. I became suspicious when it asked for card, sort code and account details. They may have my apple password.

I have had six requests for the bogus iTunes service. Are you aware of this scam

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
re:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201679

[FONT=&quot]Email messages that contain attachments or links to non-Apple websites are from sources other than Apple, although they may appear to be from the iTunes Store. Most often, these attachments are malicious and should not be opened. You should never enter your Apple account information on any non-Apple website. Apple websites that require Account information have apple.com, such as iforgot.apple.com(with the exception being iCloud.com).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This article describes what steps you should take if you feel you've received one of these malicious emails or your account information has been compromised due to an attempt to take your personal information (known as "phishing").[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What the iTunes Store will never ask you to provide via email:[/FONT]

• Social Security Number
  • Mother's maiden name
  • Full credit card number
  • Credit card CCV code

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely forward it to Apple before deleting it. Here's some additional information that coincides with John Yester's reply:

reportphishing@apple.com[/EMAIL], a monitored email inbox, which does not generate individual email replies.

Forwarding the message with complete header information provides Apple with important information. To do this in OS X Mail, select the message and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu. For other email applications or webmail based services, consult your provider?s support information to determine how to forward messages with complete headers.
[/QUOTE]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2