Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By John Yester
  • 2 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 2 Post By DarlaMack
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default I'm getting bogus invoices from iTunes saying I have ordered an itunes service

The emails say a member of my family has order the service and if I wish to cancel or manage click here. It then requests name address and password along with a security question. I became suspicious when it asked for card, sort code and account details. They may have my apple password.

I have had six requests for the bogus iTunes service. Are you aware of this scam
  2. Best Answer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201679

Email messages that contain attachments or links to non-Apple websites are from sources other than Apple, although they may appear to be from the iTunes Store. Most often, these attachments are malicious and should not be opened. You should never enter your Apple account information on any non-Apple website. Apple websites that require Account information have apple.com, such as http://store.apple.com, or iforgot.apple.com(with the exception being iCloud.com).
    This article describes what steps you should take if you feel you've received one of these malicious emails or your account information has been compromised due to an attempt to take your personal information (known as "phishing").
    What the iTunes Store will never ask you to provide via email:

• Social Security Number
    • Mother's maiden name
    • Full credit card number
    • Credit card CCV code

Default re:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201679

Email messages that contain attachments or links to non-Apple websites are from sources other than Apple, although they may appear to be from the iTunes Store. Most often, these attachments are malicious and should not be opened. You should never enter your Apple account information on any non-Apple website. Apple websites that require Account information have apple.com, such as http://store.apple.com, or iforgot.apple.com(with the exception being iCloud.com).
    This article describes what steps you should take if you feel you've received one of these malicious emails or your account information has been compromised due to an attempt to take your personal information (known as "phishing").
    What the iTunes Store will never ask you to provide via email:

• Social Security Number
    • Mother's maiden name
    • Full credit card number
    • Credit card CCV code

Default Re: I'm getting bogus invoices from iTunes saying I have ordered an itunes service

Delete it!
    pkcable and firedept10 like this.
    Q&A Jedi

Default Re: I'm getting bogus invoices from iTunes saying I have ordered an itunes service

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Delete it!
    Yes in the future, sounds like it's too late for that here. I think he needs to follow the advise John Yester posted. ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Yes in the future, sounds like it's too late for that here. I think he needs to follow the advise John Yester posted. ASAP!
    Well, yeah, report it, then delete it.
    pkcable likes this.

I would definitely forward it to Apple before deleting it. Here's some additional information that coincides with John Yester's reply:

Phishing and Other Suspicious Emails

Reporting Suspected Phishing Attempts
    If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email purporting to be from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com, a monitored email inbox, which does not generate individual email replies.

Forwarding the message with complete header information provides Apple with important information. To do this in OS X Mail, select the message and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu. For other email applications or webmail based services, consult your providers support information to determine how to forward messages with complete headers.
    pkcable and alc1575 like this.