I reset my AppleID password, but its rejected at login, what to do?

I

iMore Question

I have Apple iCloud bookmarks installed for my "one-off browsers" , e.g. Vivaldi 1.3.551.30 (Stable channel) (64-bit), Opera 64-bit 12.18.1873, and the regular (Open Source Chromium Based) 32-bit Opera 39.0.2256.48, and earlier today I was going to try to add it to my 64-bit Google Chrome installation, which updated earlier this evening to Version 53.0.2785.89 m (64-bit) as it was previously Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit).

Could not open iCloud bookmarks, could not open iCloud, and when I went to Apple ID the login returned "an error in your AppleID or password. Changed the password (its probably been almost six months since I was on the Apple website, and successfully reset to a "STRONG" new password.

However the security will not let me login in with my reset password. Initially I thought I might have transposed a character or such, so I again reset the password to another "STRONG NEW PASSWORD"
- note in each case I got email at my current email to reset in response ........to my request
that did not get accepted either, nor did a third shorter 8 character STRONG NEW password.

Have eliminated the occasions for error on my end, checked for updates, ran and installed those. I was looking for an iCloud application for my Android smartphone as the bookmarks features of browsers there are very attenuated, but cannot find a iCloud bookmarks app for Android smartphones in the Google Play Store, either? Lots of wannabes, it seems, hedging on the "Cloud" and icloud, etc. but nothing identified as originating from Apple?

Earlier I put in a request for a callback from Apple Support, but that has not happened either.

So to summarize -- cannot access my Apple ID to complete the new reset password, cannot access the iCloud bookmark features I have on the "one-off browsers" and I cannot install iCloud bookmarks or any aspect of iCloud for Windows into the Chrome Browser (see details above for current version numbers and 32 vs. 64-bit status.

Don't know what else to do? I live out in rural western northern Illinois far west from Chicago (about 43 miles airline distance from downtown Chicago I estimate) so there is no local Apple Store/Service I am aware of. There was an Apple Store in Orland Park, IL several years ago, but I believe the 2008-09 economic regurgitation or its antecedents took the legs out from under that business before it had a chance?

Not entirely homebound but a disabled 72 year old citizen trying to keep my mind sharp and my computing skills sharper since I've retired from teaching (Computers, Biology - Anatomy & Physiology, Fencing - epee' coach) and not really up to driving long distances in my 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Thanks, hope you have some suggestions I would appreciate guidance, insights, workarounds, patches, anything . . . .

R.Katilavas

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73