Specifically wondering about controlling which apps may use cellular data?
    08-31-2016 03:07 PM
    I have done this for some apps when I only want the app to use wifi. To do this, tap your settings button, and scroll down to the list of apps on the phone. Select each app that you don't want to use cellular data toggle off the button next to cellular data.
    I have done this for some apps when I only want the app to use wifi. To do this, tap your settings button, and scroll down to the list of apps on the phone. Select each app that you don't want to use cellular data toggle off the button next to cellular data.
    08-31-2016 03:18 PM
    In addition, you can go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down the list of apps using cellular data, that's easier to disable per app.
    08-31-2016 04:31 PM
    You can't restrict cellular without turning things off for that. Just leave what your Child needs. You could hide the settings app way over in a folder.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 09-01-2016 at 04:45 AM.
    08-31-2016 04:43 PM
    Use the Restrictions settings on your child's iPhone. By the way, I'm assuming your child has an iPhone.
    08-31-2016 05:05 PM
    Actually, you can restrict the access to cellular data for each app, and then block that setting from being undone by your child/children. After going in Settings-Cellular and shutting off the toggle for the apps you wish to restrict the access to data, you can go in Settings-General-Restrictions, set up a restriction code to keep for yourself and disable all the options you don't want the phone user to manage or change, including cellular data usage. Way below, after all the toggles and the privacy section of restrictions, you find menus for background processes and cellular data usage. Tap on it and then select the option to disable modifications
    09-01-2016 04:01 AM