Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Annie_i6s
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  • 2 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 1 Post By BlackNightmare
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is there a way to protect the settings on my child's phone?

Specifically wondering about controlling which apps may use cellular data?
  2. Best Answer

I have done this for some apps when I only want the app to use wifi. To do this, tap your settings button, and scroll down to the list of apps on the phone. Select each app that you don't want to use cellular data toggle off the button next to cellular data.

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to protect the settings on my child's phone?

I have done this for some apps when I only want the app to use wifi. To do this, tap your settings button, and scroll down to the list of apps on the phone. Select each app that you don't want to use cellular data toggle off the button next to cellular data.
    AustinIllini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_i6s View Post
    In addition, you can go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down the list of apps using cellular data, that's easier to disable per app.
    Annie_i6s likes this.

Default Is there a way to protect the settings on my child's phone?

You can't restrict cellular without turning things off for that. Just leave what your Child needs. You could hide the settings app way over in a folder.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 09-01-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Use the Restrictions settings on your child's iPhone. By the way, I'm assuming your child has an iPhone.
    Ledsteplin and Annie_i6s like this.
    iMore Beginner

Actually, you can restrict the access to cellular data for each app, and then block that setting from being undone by your child/children. After going in Settings-Cellular and shutting off the toggle for the apps you wish to restrict the access to data, you can go in Settings-General-Restrictions, set up a restriction code to keep for yourself and disable all the options you don't want the phone user to manage or change, including cellular data usage. Way below, after all the toggles and the privacy section of restrictions, you find menus for background processes and cellular data usage. Tap on it and then select the option to disable modifications
    Rob Phillips likes this.