iPhone 6s+ Not Always Connecting To Printer

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I have 2 printers in my house. One of which my phone always sees when I join my local wifi. The other printer, HP6600 OfficeJet, it sometimes sees it as available & sometimes it doesn't. There's no rhyme nor reason of why. My Windows tablet always sees the printer. Sometimes it will show up on my phone to print maybe a PDF & then it will drop off the list of available printers. But it still shows my 6700.

More information:
- The 6700 is hard wired to a wireless router
- The 6600 is simply a wireless printer

I've tried & tried to figure out why sometimes I can not see, but also print to that printer & then sometimes it's like it doesn't exist. Any thoughts? I'm afraid this is going to be a problem for me when I get an iPad soon. I'll definitely need to connect to both printers then!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Which HP app are you using? There are 2, try the other one. I'm using HP All-in-One Printer Remote, but there's another app called HP ePrint. If you are using one try the other.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using an HP app, as an example by opening a pdf from an email, I just simply open up a pdf & select print. I also have other apps that can view pdf , doc, & picture formats...The same thing happens with it too.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was under the impression that you needed the app, but then again my printing from my phone needs are extremely light!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you kind sir :):yes:

Yes, my 6700 never has given me a problem...Old faithful :laughing:

Like you mentioned, HP has 2 different apps & I'm not 100% sure why. One is HP ePrint & the other is HP All-In-One Printer Remote. It looks like the All-In-One allows scanning and printing...? Also, this doesn't require the internet, right? I just want to print on my local wifi without internet access.

Thanks again!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thank you kind sir :):yes:

Yes, my 6700 never has given me a problem...Old faithful :laughing:

Like you mentioned, HP has 2 different apps & I'm not 100% sure why. One is HP ePrint & the other is HP All-In-One Printer Remote. It looks like the All-In-One allows scanning and printing...? Also, this doesn't require the internet, right? I just want to print on my local wifi without internet access.

Thanks again!

Yes the the All-in-One is more robust and will allow you to print even while connected to cellular or another WiFi. HOWEVER it can be somewhat complected, there's a security verification procedure you must go through which as I recall seemed too much to make it worth my while. Cause as I said my needs are VERY light. Basically I just had to get it working and show my dad how it works for HIS light needs. As soon as he read his printer could print from his phone he HAD to do it! Well I had to. ;) I highly doubt he's used it much. Maybe an email here and there, BUT it's just so much easier to just print from the PC. :)

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey pkcable --
I just want to say thank you! That seemed to work. Sometimes I have disconnect & reconnect to my wifi because it will state the printer is offline. But it works right away then. I haven't come across any security verification's for local files on my phone or email, etc

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey pkcable --
I just want to say thank you! That seemed to work. Sometimes I have disconnect & reconnect to my wifi because it will state the printer is offline. But it works right away then. I haven't come across any security verification's for local files on my phone or email, etc

Glad you got it sorted!

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
😏Sadly I still have the same problem. I still have to fire up my windows machine to use that printer. Oh well, I'm pretty much done trying to make it to work. In the big scheme of things in life, this doesn't even matter much 😀

Thanks again for the help! That hp app definitely gives you more options when sending print jobs to printers that will print.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73