Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Larry Cook1
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question
    iMore Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    I think I have some sort of lock enabled, how do I fix it?
  2. #2  
    Larry Cook1's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    542 Posts

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    I believe you are referring to the symbol that locks your screen rotation.
    Just_Me_D and MoboPlay like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I think I have some sort of lock enabled, how do I fix it?
    As stated by Mr. Cook, that symbol represents the screen rotation lock. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Center and then you will see the same icon in the top right corner. Tap on it to enable / disable that particular feature.
  4. #4  
    JustMeWhoElse's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I think I have some sort of lock enabled, how do I fix it?
    Take at look at this iMore thread

    Always a good idea searching the Forums before posting a question
  5. #5  

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMeWhoElse View Post
    Take at look at this iMore thread

    Always a good idea searching the Forums before posting a question
    The OP is not a member. He/she has not registered in as far as we know.
  6. #6  
    JustMeWhoElse's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    The OP is not a member. He/she has not registered in as far as we know.
    They can still search though?

    I personally think people should have to register with iMore to ask questions. It seems more questions are from guest, and registered people spend time answering them, they never seem to reply, saying if a response was helpful, or even thanks. Seems rude really.

    Registering may not make that change I suppose, but possibly? I know for me, I think twice if I want to use my time replying to Guest questions lately. My 2 cents
  7. #7  

    Default Re: what is the lock with a circle around it called?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMeWhoElse View Post
    They can still search though?

    I personally think people should have to register with iMore to ask questions. It seems more questions are from guest, and registered people spend time answering them, they never seem to reply, saying if a response was helpful, or even thanks. Seems rude really.

    Registering may not make that change I suppose, but possibly? I know for me, I think twice if I want to use my time replying to Guest questions lately. My 2 cents
    They could I suppose. But probably don't know they can. Most using the Ask a Question just ask their question. Then leave. Some register in as members. Some are too shy and would not ask a question if it were not anonymous.

Similar Threads

  1. Got a weird pop up screen - is it spam or malware?
    By Tracey Harnish in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 05:13 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 03:13 PM
  4. My laptop is broken how do I access my cloud from a tablet
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
  5. How to back up call log on PC
    By PMPM in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions