Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default how do I transfer game progress from one iphone to another

I have some games that I have played for years and when I transferred data to another Iphone the games reset to day 1 and I lost my progress. How do I get the progress of the games updated to the new phone
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: how do I transfer game progress from one iphone to another

Game center doesn't work? I new to iOS to and only know of game center.
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I have some games that I have played for years and when I transferred data to another Iphone the games reset to day 1 and I lost my progress. How do I get the progress of the games updated to the new phone
    It depends on the game. Some games store the information on the device, other games store it on the cloud either apples or their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstek View Post
    It depends on the game. Some games store the information on the device, other games store it on the cloud either apples or their own.
    I also have a bunch that store progress using a social account like Facebook.
    jcstek likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Usually the cloud (iCloud/gamecenter/social) is the safest way. In alternative, should none of this be available, if you can plug your device to a of you can download some utilities on the computer, like iFunbox, which can access non-protected folders of your device (like app save file) and you can copy them. It's not 100% guaranteed, though, as some games are server based (but, in that case, savings should be accessible in the cloud, so no harm either way)
    iMore Newbie

I think it's likely that doing a backup of the old phone using iTunes and restoring the backup on the new phone will work. But it'll also reset everything else that is on the new phone to the state it was on the old one. So that might not be a solution for you.
    iMore Nanite

I am having the same problem. The game is a gamecenter game, but for whatever reason not being recognized, and it asks me if I want to delete my old progress and move to the level one on my new phone---um, NO! So I guess it sees my old game but wont move it.