Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Ipad mini disabled.

Bacially my ipad got disabled and i had to connect to itunes. I dont everything i had to do on itunes and factory reset it. But when i try and set my ipad up i have an email i have to login but i have forgotten it so i cant get on my ipad!! Can anyone help me i really need my ipad to be working asap

Default Re: Ipad mini disabled.

The email you're referencing is the iCloud credentials and you're being prompted to enter it because the device is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock. Your iCloud Apple ID and passcode is required in order to use the device. If you do not know it and/or can't recall it, you will be unable to use it.
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Ipad mini disabled.

I'd recommend going to iforgot.apple.com to reset your Apple ID password. If that doesn't work, I'd call Apple support to reset your security questions - I had to do that and as long as you can guess the answer to one of them and prove some other way that you're you, then they should let you into your account. This is an anti-theft feature that can only be disabled by turning off Find My iPhone or using sketchy software.