I want to buy a used IPad 2. How much ram is good? Mb?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPad 2 came with either 16, 32 or 64 GBs of RAM. you cannot add RAM to it so depending on whom you're buying it from, you may be limited to what is being sold. If all three models are available, get the most RAM that you can afford. If it's the 16 GB model, adjust your storage habits accordingly.

michelfo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Are we speaking about RAM or flash storage here? The RAM in the iPad is actually always the same: 512 MB DDR2 (1066 MHz), although that's not an advertised spec and nobody should really cares about this (except app developers).

The iPad 2 has either 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of flash memory. I have an iPad*2 with 32 GB and that's enough for me. If you aren't going to put gigantic files, videos, or a lot of music on it, you'll probably be fine with 32 GB too. Take note that iOS itself is taking about 5,5 GB of that storage, and apps take storage too (especially games). Unless you use your iPad very lightly, like you're just browsing the web and using a few apps, the 16 GB model will probably feel a bit cramped.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are we speaking about RAM or flash storage here? The RAM in the iPad is actually always the same: 512 MB DDR2 (1066 MHz), although that's not an advertised spec and nobody should really cares about this (except app developers).

The iPad 2 has either 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of flash memory. I have an iPad*2 with 32 GB and that's enough for me. If you aren't going to put gigantic files, videos, or a lot of music on it, you'll probably be fine with 32 GB too. Take note that iOS itself is taking about 5,5 GB of that storage, and apps take storage too (especially games). Unless you use your iPad very lightly, like you're just browsing the web and using a few apps, the 16 GB model will probably feel a bit cramped.

True, but I believe the "Baby Pro" has 2GB RAM and the "Biggy Pro" has 4GB. I'm not sure what the current Air model has.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73