I tried to change my battery but unlike in the video it was melted to the back of the phone and so took some force to remove it. In the process I believe I have damaged the chips which control the home button and the sleep/wake button. I have activated the assistive touch function which is fine but now the home button is activating itself all the time, which includes activating Siri. I have changed the settings so no calls are made automatically and it doesn't activate when the phone is locked but it is still very frustrating trying to use the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way I can completely deactivate the home button? Or possibly fix it?
    08-25-2016 11:04 PM
    I think getting professional assistance is the most recommendable thing to perform. If you'd like to stick with do-it-yourself solutions, though, I believe iFixit is one of the most complete sites for iPhone repairs. Try to search for your device model in this list and, if possible, try to follow the guide to search for eventual "differences" or damages that could have affected it: https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=Home+button
    I think getting professional assistance is the most recommendable thing to perform. If you'd like to stick with do-it-yourself solutions, though, I believe iFixit is one of the most complete sites for iPhone repairs. Try to search for your device model in this list and, if possible, try to follow the guide to search for eventual "differences" or damages that could have affected it: https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=Home+button
    08-26-2016 04:05 AM
    I tried to change my battery but unlike in the video it was melted to the back of the phone and so took some force to remove it. In the process I believe I have damaged the chips which control the home button and the sleep/wake button. I have activated the assistive touch function which is fine but now the home button is activating itself all the time, which includes activating Siri. I have changed the settings so no calls are made automatically and it doesn't activate when the phone is locked but it is still very frustrating trying to use the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way I can completely deactivate the home button? Or possibly fix it?
    Without knowing your tinkering experience with electronics or the iPhone in general, I recommend you make preparations to purchase a new one.
    08-26-2016 07:27 AM
    08-26-2016 09:36 AM