Outgoing email does not work

inn17

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
What to do if iPhone received emails but cannot send them? The address is "@btinternet", the settings are correct (checked with Apple Help on the phone).

inn17

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
A friend has identical settings and the same iPhone 6s, and can both send and receive @btinternet emails, but I can't, I can only receive them, not send.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What to do if iPhone received emails but cannot send them? The address is "@btinternet", the settings are correct (checked with Apple Help on the phone).

I have the same problem. And I tried removing and setting up again but it didn't work

Check the following:

1. Check your network's security settings to make sure it is not blocking that particular address.
2. Check with your ISP or email provider. Maybe they are blocking the address for security reasons.
3. Maybe your address has been blocked by the recipient(s).

inn17

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I deleted and reinstated this email account twice, under the guidance by an Apple expert (via Apple phone help). All the settings are correct, and I can send and receive emails on my laptop. With my iPhone 6s, I can only receive them but not send.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted and reinstated this email account twice, under the guidance by an Apple expert (via Apple phone help). All the settings are correct, and I can send and receive emails on my laptop. With my iPhone 6s, I can only receive them but not send.

To clarify, are you saying that you can only receive email from people with an @btinternet address or are you saying that you can only receive email and YOUR email account is an @btinternet account? Either way, if you're absolutely certain that your email account is set up correctly on your iPhone, then reset the Network settings on the device or restore it and set it up as new.

inn17

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
All emails, BT or not, arrive, but none can be sent anywhere from my own ...(my name)...@btinternet.com address from my iPhone. I can send emails from my laptop but not from my iPhone. The Apple expert said my settings are correct, and we deleted and reinstated the account twice under his guidance, but it did not help. Can there be something wrong with my iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All emails, BT or not, arrive, but none can be sent anywhere from my own ...(my name)...@btinternet.com address from my iPhone. I can send emails from my laptop but not from my iPhone. The Apple expert said my settings are correct, and we deleted and reinstated the account twice under his guidance, but it did not help. Can there be something wrong with my iPhone?

Do the following:

Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings".

Also, is this inability to "send" email occurring while on Wi-Fi, cellular data or both?

If resetting the network settings doesn't fix the problem, restore your device and set it up as new.

inn17

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Another friend figured it out. He switched the iPhone email settings from IMAP to POP3, and the iPhone now sends emails. One iPhone 6s (mine) works with IMAP, and the other iPhone 6s (of my friend) does not work with IMAP but works with POP3 (both with respect to sending emails from a "btinternet" email address). Would any expert reading this know the reason for this inconsistency?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Another friend figured it out. He switched the iPhone email settings from IMAP to POP3, and the iPhone now sends emails. One iPhone 6s (mine) works with IMAP, and the other iPhone 6s (of my friend) does not work with IMAP but works with POP3 (both with respect to sending emails from a "btinternet" email address). Would any expert reading this know the reason for this inconsistency?

The problem probably resides in the email account's online settings. Have your friend login to his email account via a web browser and then check for an enable iMAP setting or something similar.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73