Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default How to stop email address suggestions

I've followed all the advice I found in Google, but still get email addresses suggestions when I want to send an email to several people. This makes it really easy to accidentally add new people to the distribution list by mistake, whom I don't want to copy. How to stop the suggestions completely? (This happens only on my iPhone 6s, not on my iPad).

Default Re: How to stop email address suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by inn17 View Post
    I've followed all the advice I found in Google, but still get email addresses suggestions when I want to send an email to several people. This makes it really easy to accidentally add new people to the distribution list by mistake, whom I don't want to copy. How to stop the suggestions completely? (This happens only on my iPhone 6s, not on my iPad).
    Hi inn17.

I haven't had this happen to me... yet, but I found some articles that may help.

From Apple Support Discussions:
    Actually there is a way to clear the old email address.From your iPhone start typing the name of the person you would like to email.
    When you see the old email address then click the arrow to the right of that old email and click "Delete from Recents"
    This will solve the problem that you are having.
    Also, an informative article was written on iMore regarding this.
    How to remove recent contacts in the Mail app for iPhone | iMore

Let us know if this helps.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: How to stop email address suggestions

Thank you, but this does not help. There is no (I) next to the names that the mail app suggests, and the contacts are active. Sometimes I include them in my distribution list, but other times I don't want to include them, but their names keep on popping up, just under the "send" button, and it is easy to touch them accidentally on a small screen.