- iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
How do i prevent mail from being marked as read when selected?
I am sure this question must have been covered before but cant find a concrete workaround. I am using Apple stock mail app on macOS, and am frustrated with it as it automatically marks an email as read when selected. For instance, if I delete an email in my inbox, the next email item is automatically marked as read when selected, even though I have not opened the email. I do use mail preview. In Outlook this does not happen as there is a setting for it. Any workaround in Apple mail when using message preview?
- Best AnswerSep 01 2016 | 8:30 am EDT
I have removed the preview pane and that seems to have solved the problem
- 08-25-2016, 09:21 PM #2
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 09-02-2016, 03:45 PM
- By jonsigler12 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 4Last Post: 09-02-2016, 01:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2016, 11:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2016, 09:19 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2016, 08:12 AM