Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Sync iPhone with iPad

Hello, I'm looking for a way to do some general work without a PC. What I mean is my regular work maybe to have photos on my iPhone be transferred to my iPad without a PC...and without the internet. I know there are ways to connect a type of thumbdrive via the lightening port, but is there another way as simple (orclose to it) like how you can easily transfer from iPhone to the PC (or Mac)

Default Re: Sync iPhone with iPad

iCloud is your friend

With iCloud Photo Library, photos on your iPhone will show up on your iPad. Unfortunately you do need internet to do it. Not sure of any other way to do it without a PC/Mac or internet.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Hi robertk328,
    Unfortunately, that is what I thought the answer basically is. It's unfortunate how the try to say the iPad Pro is a laptop replacement yet it can't even sync with their own iPhone. I understand that the iPad was not originally designed to replace the PC, but now it is moving in that direction. Oh well, there goes the ability to replace the PC.
    iMore Elite

Get a WiFi Flash Drive. You can then transfer files to and from the device and the drive. No "internet" required. No external WiFi network required.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Get a WiFi Flash Drive. You can then transfer files to and from the device and the drive. No "internet" required. No external WiFi network required.
    Have you done this? Can you copy photos to it? I know with the Apple camera adapter you can copy photos OFF but don't think it's two way:

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD...camera-adapter
    iMore Elite

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Have you done this? Can you copy photos to it? I know with the Apple camera adapter you can copy photos OFF but don't think it's two way:

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple
    Yes. I have a SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive. It works in both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Yes. I have a SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive. It works in both directions.
    Well cool - that's good to know! Maybe @roystreet can get one of those to work with his setup.

Quote Originally Posted by roystreet View Post
    Hi robertk328,
    Unfortunately, that is what I thought the answer basically is. It's unfortunate how the try to say the iPad Pro is a laptop replacement yet it can't even sync with their own iPhone. I understand that the iPad was not originally designed to replace the PC, but now it is moving in that direction. Oh well, there goes the ability to replace the PC.
    It can sync out of the box but with internet. Do take a look at @SwitchBeach idea -- looks like it could work for you!