Someone please explain time zone override
I'm going to Europe in a few days, and I'm confused about how time zone override in ios9 works. Here's what I think it does (but I may be wrong):
At home, I make a dinner reservation for Sunday at 6 pm Europe time (+7 hours for me), and I put it on my calendar for 6pm Sunday. If override is on, the reservation will still be shown at 6 pm when I get to Europe even though the iPhone clock will now be +7 hours. If override is off, the reservation will be shown at 11 am Sunday when I get to Europe.
Does this sound right, or do I have it backwards?
- 08-23-2016, 09:30 PM #2
- 10,529 Posts
Re: Someone please explain time zone override
This is a great question on which I don't know the answer whit certainty.
What I did when I first saw that option was to play with it by making same fake appointments in my calendar.
You could do the same to see what's right or convenient for you.
Having said this, I hope somebody with more knowledge about this will come along and answer your question.
If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.
And enjoy Europe.
- By jeffbarten in forum watchOSReplies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2016, 11:32 AM
- By belodion in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2016, 02:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2016, 04:35 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2016, 10:12 AM
- By chipsterguy in forum Apple Watch Series 2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM