Why can't I download iOS 10?

I

iMore Question

I have the iPhone 5c, which is compatible with the new iOS 10 beta testing. I tried to download the beta version, I went through the Apple website and everything, however when I tried to download the beta, I got a pop up saying "Profile Installation Failed." It then said "Remove the profile iOS 9 Beta Software Profile before installing this profile". How do I do this?? Please help :(

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
It probably means that you installed iOS 9 beta previously on your iPhone. It's talking about a beta software certificate, thus I believe you only have to remove that and try again with the iOS 10 upgrade. In order to do so, you just have to open Settings, go to General and then profiles. There you should see a list of the certificates present on your phone. Just delete the one linked to iOS 9 beta.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5c, which is compatible with the new iOS 10 beta testing. I tried to download the beta version, I went through the Apple website and everything, however when I tried to download the beta, I got a pop up saying "Profile Installation Failed." It then said "Remove the profile iOS 9 Beta Software Profile before installing this profile". How do I do this?? Please help :(

Welcome to iMore!!

Assuming that you have the iOS 9 Beta installed on your phone, go to Settings > General >Profile on your 5c and delete your existing iOS 9 Beta Software Profile from there.

Also, here is a guide that you can follow to properly install iOS 10 Public Beta to your iPhone 5c.
How to download iOS 10 public beta 6 to your iPhone or iPad | iMore

Good luck and let us know if you need further assistance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2