Hello everyone, I just bought a second hand iPhone 6s Plus and it shows sim not supported.
    Please help me sort this out. I am T-Mobile and I guess the phone should be at&t.
    Thank you
    08-23-2016 03:43 AM
    08-23-2016 03:44 AM
    The phone is probably not unlocked for T-Mobile. Did you test it with an ATT sim?
    08-23-2016 04:46 AM
    It also appears to have the iCloud Activation Lock on it which you cannot remove without the previous owner's assistance.
    08-23-2016 04:49 PM
    Hey thanks you guys for all the assistance. I haven't yet try an at&t SIM card. But will do it as soon as I get one.

How possible is it to unlock it if I can get to the previous owner. Is there any other way for me to unlock it?

Also if I were to switch from T-Mobile to at&t will I be able to use the iPhone?

Thank you for all your responses
    08-23-2016 05:02 PM
    If you can contact the previous owner, he/she can remove the device from their iCloud account to deactivate the activation lock. There is no work around-without previous owner, the phone is unusable.

AT&T would have to unlock the phone before it could be used on T-Mobile's network. It should work if you switch to AT&T, but it must be removed from the previous owner's iCloud account first.
    08-23-2016 05:22 PM
    ALC thank you so much for the vital information. I actually call AT&T to find out about the phone and they directed me to att.com/deviceunlock . I entered the IMEI of the phone to check the unlock status. Waiting to hear from them after two days. Will let you guys know the outcome.
    Thank you once again
    08-23-2016 07:55 PM
    ALC thank you so much for the vital information. I actually call AT&T to find out about the phone and they directed me to att.com/deviceunlock . I entered the IMEI of the phone to check the unlock status. Waiting to hear from them after two days. Will let you guys know the outcome.
    Thank you once again
    You're welcome.
    Good luck with AT&T. The previous owner still must remove it from their iCloud account before you can use it, even if AT&T unlocks it from their network. Hope it all works out.
    08-23-2016 08:28 PM
    Hey you all. I went to AT&T and I bought a new SIM card and put in the phone everything works perfect. The phone was actually locked with their carrier and I had to buy a new SIM card to try it while waiting to switch my personal number from T-Mobile to AT&T.
    But I want to ask you a question, can this phone be unlocked for any carrier? If yes please do let me know how to go about it or where to do it.
    Thank you...
    08-25-2016 06:56 PM
    Hey you all. I went to AT&T and I bought a new SIM card and put in the phone everything works perfect. The phone was actually locked with their carrier and I had to buy a new SIM card to try it while waiting to switch my personal number from T-Mobile to AT&T.
    But I want to ask you a question, can this phone be unlocked for any carrier? If yes please do let me know how to go about it or where to do it.
    Thank you...
    Yes only if its not on contract or financing is paid off. It can be done here. http://forums.imore.com/e?link=https...token=lJv3B_cl
    alc1575 likes this.
    08-25-2016 07:45 PM
    Thank You Garz. Will check it out
    08-25-2016 08:19 PM
    Thank You Garz. Will check it out
    They will either approve it on deny it. Most times they reply within a couple of hours.
    08-25-2016 09:23 PM