Best way to upgrade from IOS 7.1 to 8 or 9 and keep jailbreak ?
I've a IPAD 7.1 jailbroken. I need to upgrade to 8.0 at least to support new applications.
What's the best way to do to not loose jailbreak ?
Is the best way to backup my version, upgrade to 9.3.4, backup the 9.3.4 and then downgrade using my backup and itunes to 7.1 and then I wait a 9.3.4 jailbreak is released, get back my 9.3.4 backup and jailbreak it ?
- 08-22-2016, 10:09 AM #2Q&A Jedi
- 3,349 Posts
Re: Best way to upgrade from IOS 7.1 to 8 or 9 and keep jailbreak ?
I don't believe you are going to be able to downgrade once you upgrade. Also your only upgrade option is 9.3.4. There WERE 8.0 and 9.0 version that were jailbreakable but you missed the boat on those. At this point your options are to keep the device as is, or to upgrade and lose the jailbreak. You always have the option to jailbreak again if/when a 9.3.4 jailbreak comes out. Please note it's advisable to google around for advise before upgrading to new versions once you lose the jailbreak to see what they are working on, and if it's a good idea to upgrade or not.
7.xx is BAD right now for app support so you might not have a choice, so you need to figure out how much you want your jailbreak tweaks.
- 08-22-2016, 10:30 AM #3
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2016, 06:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-22-2016, 05:50 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2016, 08:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2016, 08:13 PM