Can a copy of SIM card be made

I

iMore Question

I'm sure my SIM card has been copied. I'm not saying who by. But someone close.
They got help from someone to do this. They know my password, codes even after I change them. They need access to my phone sometimes to copy or transfer files. iBook is used because I have it turned off all the time but when I wake up sometime it has been used. Yes it's all done in my sleep. When I have apps turned off I get notifications still saying I'm signed on. When that app is off or I'm not signed in. I had FaceTime call from someone when my iCloud was signed out also FaceTime was signed out and turned off.
I can go on and on about things that happen. Yes I changed my SIM card many times. How does someone copy and use one to follow me.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You should change your passwords first and if it continues, I'd get a new sim and number. It's definitely possible to copy a sim or just easily get one from the carrier. A bunch of people got their phones hacked by calling the carriers and pretending to be that person.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but here is what I recommend.

1. Logout of iTunes & App Store
2. Logout of iMessage and FaceTime
3. logout of iCloud and any other email account you have configured on your device,
4. Login to any social media services you may be a part of and peruse the settings. Remove access from any app or device that you're unfamiliar with.
5. Login to the Everything you have an account with via a web browser on your computer and change the passcodes.
6. If you have an iOS device, put it in recovery or DFU mode, and then restore it via iTunes and set it up as new.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It also sounds like someone has access to your apple id information. Sim cloning copies whatever information is stored to that sim card and any information that can be provided by the phone number to that sim. Accessing apps and iBooks is related not to the sim but to the device information and your account information of your apple id or iCloud id.

Here are some security tips provided by Apple:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

I would also suggest, if you know who this person is, reporting them to your local authorities because this is considered a form of stalking and harassment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods