Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Can an older model mac mini be updated or does it need to be replaced?

I bought my mac mini in 2004. Can it be updated to support current technology?

Default Re: Can an older model mac mini be updated or does it need to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I bought my mac mini in 2004. Can it be updated to support current technology?
    A good deal has changed in the 12 years since you purchased your Mac Mini. Having said that, can you be a bit more specific in regard to supporting "current technology"? USB-C, Bluetooth, etc.?
    iMore Genius

Default Can an older model mac mini be updated or does it need to be replaced?

It would probably be cheaper to get another one or build a computer than upgrading the parts to get some performance boosts. Apple also makes it hard to upgrade hardware in the first place. It sucks but it seems to be a good business strategy for making people buy newer devices.