Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarlaMack
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Question Can i recover my last month imessages. I want to view the past months imessage history.

Can i recover my last month imessages. I want to view the past months imessage history.
    Is this possible and how do i do this. I have an Iphone 5. I setup my icloud account a mth ago

Thanks

Default Re: Can i recover my last month imessages. I want to view the past months imessage history.

Welcome to iMore! Go to Settings > Messages > scroll down to "Keep Messages". Choose.

Also, scroll to the top of your message thread and pull down. It should open up older messages saved.

Default Re: Can i recover my last month imessages. I want to view the past months imessage history.

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Can i recover my last month imessages. I want to view the past months imessage history.
    Is this possible and how do i do this. I have an Iphone 5. I setup my icloud account a mth ago

Thanks
    Welcome to iMore!!

You can change your settings on your device to always save your messages. On your iPhone go to Settings > Messages and scroll down to where it says Message History > Keep Messages. Select your option there, either 30 days, 1 Year or Forever. I have mine set to Forever because I'm just sentimental lol.

Hope this helps!
    Tartarus likes this.