I was thinking it would be very cool if apple did matching for movies similarly to what they do for music in apple music if you own a movie dvd i tunes will scan the iTunes library for that same DVD in higher Format and if not uploads it. if apple did a movie streaming service similar to AM that would be very cool what do you all think
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:42 PM
    Movie studios would NEVER allow it.
    08-20-2016 09:35 PM
    I was thinking it would be very cool if apple did matching for movies similarly to what they do for music in apple music if you own a movie dvd i tunes will scan the iTunes library for that same DVD in higher Format and if not uploads it. if apple did a movie streaming service similar to AM that would be very cool what do you all think
    This would be very cool.

In some countries it is or was** allowed to make a copy of a CD or DVD or BlueRay you legally own for backup purposes or simply to have it stored locally on your computer.
    With technology advancing some movies are now available in a higher resolution than when they came out. For just that purpose it would be very nice to just simply replace your low-res version to a hi-res version.

But like somebody else already stated, movie studios are sticklers and will not allow this.

Note** (legislation regarding copyright is bound to change for the worse in most countries with globalization and all that)
    Last edited by Tartarus; 08-21-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Would apple have to ask movie studios is it not just a simple if its on the store it will match and apple pays the movie studio
    08-21-2016 01:24 PM
    Of course they would have to ask the movie studios. The fee that Apple would pay would have to be negotiated and agreed upon by both sides. So, no, it's not just that simple.
    08-21-2016 01:29 PM
    You dont need to be patronising and cheeky i wasnt aware of this. dont speak to me like that again or i will report you to imore
    08-21-2016 03:23 PM
    Good luck with your devices.
    08-21-2016 03:41 PM
    I'm sorry if i came across angry but i felt the way u addressed me in the above statement was quite cheeky and stand offish
    08-21-2016 04:01 PM
    Let's please keep on topic. Thank you!
    Tartarus, pkcable and Spencerdl like this.
    08-21-2016 05:31 PM
    I was keeping on topic but i wont let anyone talk to me like that it was patronising and cheeky
    08-21-2016 06:27 PM
    I'm not sure about legislation but it would be an awesome service. Currently the only thing similar I think (or close to it) is VUDU's DVD to Digital. Even though there's a fee to convert, it will still be a killer option!!!
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:25 AM
    it would be they may bring it. if enough people ask for it in their feedback section on their website they make it happen if theres enough demand for it
    nikkisharif and DarlaMack like this.
    08-22-2016 01:28 PM
    This would be an awesome feature & if definitely pay a fee to convert my movies.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:09 PM
    yeah they may bring it in the Future
    08-26-2016 06:37 AM
    This would be an awesome feature & if definitely pay a fee to convert my movies.
    Ditto!!! Lol as long as I can use iTunes Gift Cards to do so :P
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:55 PM
    i use gift cards too
    08-30-2016 06:21 AM
    if enough people use their feedback link and ask apple about they may consider it. I asked them before about changing the Matching feature in apple music in this and lo and behold they did it but I'm not sure if its coincidental that they changed it but its worth a go. I submitted a bug report for photos here and someone from apples photo department contacted me through email its very good sometimes

Apple - iTunes - Feedback
    09-02-2016 04:43 PM
    To sum up, what you really want is for Apple to Match your low quality pirated movie and then allow you to download a high quality version from Apple - and have Apple Pay for it.
    09-02-2016 06:20 PM
    To sum up, what you really want is for Apple to Match your low quality pirated movie and then allow you to download a high quality version from Apple - and have Apple Pay for it.
    No not pirated movies I'm talking about movie cds you buy on disk and then iTunes matches them to hd versions in the store and no we pay for them same way for Apple Music

Anyway Apple owe my government 13 billion euros so that can be their payment lol
    09-02-2016 06:49 PM
    I'm talking about low quality movies that are not in HD that i purchase from the movie store and apple matches them to the HD version of that movie on the store
    09-03-2016 12:01 PM
    I'm talking about low quality movies that are not in HD that i purchase from the movie store and apple matches them to the HD version of that movie on the store
    I kind of doubt they would do that because HD and SD prices differ at times. If they were to match, they would match the quality that you already have. Thats like if you purchase an SD movie from iTunes thats what you get... if you purchase an HD movie, you get both SD and HD.
    09-03-2016 09:09 PM
    yeah true. but then whats the point of a matching system at all then if you can simply upload your movies from cd. they do it with apple music for they match less quality versions of songs to higher quality versions u upload from CDs etc. Purchased songs are different as you bought these from iTunes and already are a higher quality
    09-04-2016 12:35 PM