- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Data recovery after broken screen
I hope you can help.
My girlfriend dropped her iPhone 6 and the screen is completely unresponsive. She has now brought herself a new one but she is desperate to recover all the data off the old phone. Ive tried backing it up with iTunes and even tried Dr.Fone but with no success as they both keep asking to enter the passcode for the phone which I cant enter with the unresponsive screen.
Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this or is it a total loss??
Many, many thanks if you are able to help out.
- 08-20-2016, 06:27 AM #2iMore Beginner
- 62 Posts
Re: Data recovery after broken screen
Without being able to use the screen and type the unlock code it may be difficult to recover something. You can try through iFunbox app (available for both Mac and PC). It's got small chances of success, but it's worth trying. Is the phone jailbroken or jailed? (if jailbroken there may be other options that can get the job done)
- 08-20-2016, 05:55 PM #3
- 08-21-2016, 09:40 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-20-2016, 09:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2016, 08:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2016, 12:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2016, 02:44 PM
- By afctee in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 08-18-2016, 08:35 AM