How can i upload high quality instagram stories ?

ahmet oguz

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I made 4k timelapses with my dslr, I edited them in adobe premiere pro and export to my phone, when I want to share my video, It looks perfect in preview however, when it is published, it reduces so bad, it looks terrible. Is there an any solution for that ?

I export my videos in fomat of;

.mov H.264 codec
1080x1920
5000 kbps

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Instagram has its own build-in algorithms to reduce data for uploads. That way they won't need twice bigger server farms and their users won't burn through their cellular data.

If you want your time lapses published in its own quality, you should go looking for another service, I'm afraid.

ahmet oguz

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I know but some of the big accounts like Mercedes Benz or some photographers can upload high quality stories also. It should be optimal setting for that isn't it ?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why you are surprised by that. It is a business, after all.

I'm also not sure why you are stressing about insisting on uploading 4K content to a format that is limited to 10 seconds and only lasts for 24 hours.

However, have you made sure that your video is in line with Instagram's limits?

Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (any height)
Frame Rate: 29.96 frames per second
Codec: H.264 codec / MP4
Bit rate: 3,500 kbps video bitrate
Audio: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono

ahmet oguz

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Because i am making daily timelapses with a title and music. Instagram story is a new thing and everyone think that was interesting. On the other hand my work killed by instagram. You are right to say why don't you upload to vimeo or youtube, but i am using the social media affect right now, I am planning to jump maybe later.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ahmetciğim, I understand your frustrations and share them with you. But I personally have no insight in the decisive process of Instagram.

I think it has all to do with storage on their end. Allowing everybody to upload hi-res photos and/or videos will lead them to have bigger server farms. That all comes with costs. And since they're a profit business, they will wait till it becomes mainstream on other services before they will allow this for everybody.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2