Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default How can I store & make readable all txt mesaages from ip5S to my PC?

My job might be switching us to android phones. I've had an iPhone since the 3G came out. I'm pretty sure if we go with a different line of phones I will lose all the txt history I have on my current 5S. (That's true correct?) I have messages going back years with announcements of engagements, babies being born & tons of pictures I don't want to loose. It would be nearly impossible for me to go thru them all to decide what to keep & what to delete. I know I can back all them up when I do a system backup through iTunes & store that backup on my PC. But the backup is encrypted so I can not go & save the important messages & pictures to my PC. The data would be there but not readable unless I was putting them back on an iphone. Is there a way to access the txt messages on the phone & copy the data to a PC? Is there a 3rd party software program that will let me access internal files on the phone? I think I used one like that way back in the iP3G days.
    Thanks!
  2. Best Answer

I found 2 3rd party apps that could do it mentioned at the official Apple support forum. PhoneView (Mac only) and TouchView (Windows & Mac)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Sounds like you might want to get TouchView.

Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

Default Re: How can I store & make readable all txt mesaages from ip5S to my PC?

I found 2 3rd party apps that could do it mentioned at the official Apple support forum. PhoneView (Mac only) and TouchView (Windows & Mac)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Sounds like you might want to get TouchView.