I switched my phone off during an argument and I don't want to receive the messages yet that might have been sent since, but need to use it for my alarm clock! Is there a way to switch it straight to airplane mode when i turn it on, its whatsapp so as soon as i ge them the other person will know they're received.
    08-18-2016 06:15 PM
  2. Tartarus said: Best Answer

Safest way to do this is to pull out your SIM card of your iPhone and switch off your wifi router. That way your iPhone won't be able to connect to internet and you can safely start the iPhone up, put it in Airplane Mode and put the SIM card in and switch on your wifi router.
    If you turn it off in airplane mode, it'll be in airplane mode when you cut it back on.
    08-18-2016 06:49 PM
    Otherwise, the best you can do is power on, pull the control center up, and turn on airplane mode..
    08-18-2016 07:38 PM
    Safest way to do this is to pull out your SIM card of your iPhone and switch off your wifi router. That way your iPhone won't be able to connect to internet and you can safely start the iPhone up, put it in Airplane Mode and put the SIM card in and switch on your wifi router.
    Ledsteplin and pkcable like this.
    08-18-2016 08:35 PM
    That works, but it's a lot to have to do.
    08-18-2016 08:51 PM
    That works, but it's a lot to have to do.
    Depends, my router is in the living room and easily reachable, the pin to remove SIM card from iPhone is on my keychain so even that's a piece of cake to do.

Depending on how desperate you are to disconnect your iPhone from internet nothing can stop you doing those things a suggested
    08-18-2016 08:53 PM
    Depends, my router is in the living room and easily reachable, the pin to remove SIM card from iPhone is on my keychain so even that's a piece of cake to do.

Depending on how desperate you are to disconnect your iPhone from internet nothing can stop you doing those things a suggested
    I would have to be extremely desperate to do all that.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:17 AM
    This is the surest way to do it, you MIGHT be able to do it quick enough via Led's way, BUT Tart's way you will get it for sure.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:33 AM
    f you turn it off in airplane mode, it'll be in airplane mode when you cut it back on.
    I think this is the only thing that addresses the OP's concern- WhatsApp telling the sender of messages that the OP has received them. Simple, effective.

If What'sApp is running in the background, the sender will know the messages have been received as soon as the phone is turned on, unless using Control Center very quickly will beat WhatsApp. Like unplugging the computer because you accidentally sent an email that you meant to delete.

I turn off Control Center for the Lock Screen to prevent it from being cloaked from Find My iPhone should it fall into the wrong hands.
    Last edited by Mac Guy; 08-19-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: speeling
    pkcable and Tartarus like this.
    08-19-2016 10:51 AM
    If you turn it off in airplane mode, it'll be in airplane mode when you cut it back on.
    Sorry, nikki. I did not mean to turn if you into f you. My bad.
    08-19-2016 10:53 AM
    I think this is the only thing that addresses the OP's concern- WhatsApp telling the sender of messages that the OP has received them. Simple, effective.

If What'sApp is running in the background, the sender will know the messages have been received as soon as the phone is turned on, unless using Control Center very quickly will beat WhatsApp. Like unplugging the computer because you accidentally sent an email that you meant to delete.

I turn off Control Center for the Lock Screen to prevent it from being cloaked from Find My iPhone should it fall into the wrong hands.
    No one can access your phone from the control center on lock screen.
    08-19-2016 11:24 AM
    No one can access your phone from the control center on lock screen.
    Not the point. No one can put your phone in Airplane mode if they can't access the Control Center, when it's not on the Lock Screen. That's why Apple has a switch for that.
    08-20-2016 02:37 AM