Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Joint contract account & hacked phone

In a moment of madness I allowed a work friend to add another line to his already existing contract, he got me a iPhone 6 and has allowed me access to the account with vodaphone. I am named and have a passcode to talk about any issues. Which by the way never work every time I have contacted vodaphone they can't find me listed to account so end up having to go through the friend. He is really weird which I didn't know at the time. I can't log into my vodaphone and my battery is always going flat without reason, my phone freezes, I get strange texts of numbers and sometimes txts stating a pin which I have nothing to do with . He ramdomly texted me asking why I was at a certain place and meeting someone, he was right about where I was and who I was with , had he read my messages to the third person? How can I tell if my phone is hacked and does he have access to my location texts etc as he is the account holder? Thanks and any help would be great.

Default Re: Joint contract account & hacked phone

Welcome to iMore! Please join the forum and answer a few questions:
    Did you receive the phone straight out of the box or did your friend set it up for you?
    Have you given him unsupervised access to your phone?
    Did you set up your Apple ID or did he do it for you?
    Does he know your passcode or any of your passwords, especially your Apple ID password?
    My advice: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, and return your phone to factory defaults. Set it up as a new device with a new Apple ID. Don't give him your password or let him use your phone. Even better, erase the phone, give it back to him, and get a new friend. He's a high level creeper and you probably shouldn't let him do you any "favors" going forward.

Default Re: Joint contract account & hacked phone

What he said.↑↑