Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Iphone 5s won't turn on or either get in dfu mode or do anything besides staying in apple logo!!

Hello there guys.

As the title says , my iphone 5S isn't turning on. I have to admit i had it jailbroken but a tweak from cydia made it get off the system and made the phone crash over and over again. Surprisingly i managed to save photos only from the iphone, but the itunes wouldn't recognize my phone and would always say device timed out.
    At this point i have to say that my phone home button is already broken , it won't work first it started out not recognizing the finger ID then it broke and won't work at all so i was working with assisstive touch all this time (like 5-6 months).

But i had it at some mobile services guys , like 2 shops already and they tried to change the home button to get the phone into dfu mode but it wouldn't work (atleast they said so). I tried myself at home to do something but i must say i failed (sorry for the bad english grammar ) and i couldn't get it working at all so after a while i read somewhere that if i deleted it from the iCloud and erased it completely it would probably work . So i was depressed to get anything that i could make my phone work again since its all that i could afford and can afford lately :/ but i can say that no luck . Now it made it worse here are the provided links of what my phone looks like now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13912762_1266437840057153_2892555913642626161_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	110379

Name:	13892149_1266438086723795_2487745323511898971_n.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	110380

Name:	13901399_1266437003390570_7948947452413266475_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	110381
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110379[/ATTACH

There , it will turn on and off and stay at that bar and sometimes it gets on the blue screen i never had that problem never had it at a mobile service because i read that there are some screws wrong placed that can cause that stuff but i never did anything to my hardware phone !
    I must mention that i tried most of the methods without the home button (volume buttons , force restart) it just wont work.
    I replaced the home button it won't get into DFU mode, so i had to remove it back so i wouldn't have to pay for that button . Because i can hardly afford anything more than 50-70$ right now.
    So any helpful or meaningful answer would mean alot guys!
    Thank you for your time honestly.
    If any further detail is needed write down below.
    Best and kind regards
    Last edited by Armeendb; 08-16-2016 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Inserted images

Default Re: Iphone 5s won't turn on or either get in dfu mode or do anything besides staying in apple logo!!

Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get the home button fixed properly. After that, put the device in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Iphone 5s won't turn on or either get in dfu mode or do anything besides staying in apple logo!!

That's the problem man im from kosovo , i don't think there is any nearby. All the best help someone can get here is by any service shop or mobile shop somethings like that . Already tried changing the home button and to go to the DFU mode . No help i think that the phone is fried somehow but never heard or seen this kind of problem before :/ at anyone or so

Without the use of the home button, you will not be able to put it in DFU mode. There is no bypassing the use of the home button in this situation.