Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DarlaMack
  • 1 Post By Honey Beagle
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default I think this is an Apple hack?

I received an email today from Apple Service ID (no_reply@email.apple.com) saying if I don't "click this link" then they will shut down my account. The thing is I use my iTunes account all of the time. This is the email:
    Thank you for using Apple.

We notice that you didn't use your iTunes account for along time, therefore we are obligate to close your account according to our policy including your i-cloud email also.

but it is not too late, you can save your account I get the access back to our features and services just click On " Save it for me " and follow the instruction, we may ask you an extra information as security procedure to insure that are the account holder.

if you don't need this account, just ignore this message and the account will be terminated in just few days, and we thank again for using our service.

Regards.

Lots of typos and misspellings. I doubt Apple would put out something like this. Any one else get this or have thoughts?

Thx!
    -Matt

Default I think this is an Apple hack?

Welcome to iMore! It's very, very fake.
    iMore Expert

Default Re: I think this is an Apple hack?

Sounds like a phishing attempt.

Definitely phishing.

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I received an email today from Apple Service ID (no_reply@email.apple.com) saying if I don't "click this link" then they will shut down my account. The thing is I use my iTunes account all of the time. This is the email:
    Thank you for using Apple.

We notice that you didn't use your iTunes account for along time, therefore we are obligate to close your account according to our policy including your i-cloud email also.

but it is not too late, you can save your account I get the access back to our features and services just click On " Save it for me " and follow the instruction, we may ask you an extra information as security procedure to insure that are the account holder.

if you don't need this account, just ignore this message and the account will be terminated in just few days, and we thank again for using our service.

Regards.

Lots of typos and misspellings. I doubt Apple would put out something like this. Any one else get this or have thoughts?

Thx!
    -Matt
    Welcome to iMore!!
    Yes it definitely sounds like phishing. Please view the attached article and forward your suspicious email.

https://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Elite

Being there are spelling mistakes the email was sent from some ***** kids that were being weird. Never open a web page from emails like that. Or even attachments from peeps you know because your friends could send you a virus type attachment they had received and opened not knowing this has a virus and sent to you.
    Tartarus likes this.