I think this is an Apple hack?

I

iMore Question

I received an email today from Apple Service ID (no_reply@email.apple.com) saying if I don't "click this link" then they will shut down my account. The thing is I use my iTunes account all of the time. This is the email:
Thank you for using Apple.

We notice that you didn't use your iTunes account for along time, therefore we are obligate to close your account according to our policy including your i-cloud email also.

but it is not too late, you can save your account I get the access back to our features and services just click On " Save it for me " and follow the instruction, we may ask you an extra information as security procedure to insure that are the account holder.

if you don't need this account, just ignore this message and the account will be terminated in just few days, and we thank again for using our service.

Regards.

Lots of typos and misspellings. I doubt Apple would put out something like this. Any one else get this or have thoughts?

Thx!
-Matt

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I received an email today from Apple Service ID (no_reply@email.apple.com) saying if I don't "click this link" then they will shut down my account. The thing is I use my iTunes account all of the time. This is the email:
Thank you for using Apple.

We notice that you didn't use your iTunes account for along time, therefore we are obligate to close your account according to our policy including your i-cloud email also.

but it is not too late, you can save your account I get the access back to our features and services just click On " Save it for me " and follow the instruction, we may ask you an extra information as security procedure to insure that are the account holder.

if you don't need this account, just ignore this message and the account will be terminated in just few days, and we thank again for using our service.

Regards.

Lots of typos and misspellings. I doubt Apple would put out something like this. Any one else get this or have thoughts?

Thx!
-Matt

Welcome to iMore!!
Yes it definitely sounds like phishing. Please view the attached article and forward your suspicious email.

https://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/#mn_p

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Being there are spelling mistakes the email was sent from some ***** kids that were being weird. Never open a web page from emails like that. Or even attachments from peeps you know because your friends could send you a virus type attachment they had received and opened not knowing this has a virus and sent to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative