shared Apple ID
My son shares my Apple ID he has purchased songs and uses my credit card. If he creates his own Apple Id for his new phone will he lose all that he has purchased? I still want him to be able to use my credit card. His Ipad also shares my Apple ID. Also, can you explain how we go about doing this. Thanks.
- 08-15-2016, 12:50 PM #2
- 08-15-2016, 04:10 PM #3
- 24,980 Posts
Re: shared Apple ID
Sharing the same Apple ID leads to problems. You both need your own Apple ID. You can set up Family Sharing or just share the same iTunes ID. Not the Apple ID. Only the iTunes ID. He sets up his own Apple ID, but in the iTunes Store app, he enters in your ID. That way you share purchases but not have the issues with same iCloud and etc. And he still has his purchases.
- By MJ502 in forum Apple TVReplies: 9Last Post: 08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
- By samduffy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM
- By TLD1 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2016, 01:42 PM
- By jenkman61 in forum Rumored Apple Hardware & SoftwareReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2016, 10:23 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2016, 10:12 AM