Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How to make I messages pop up by saying I message instead of what the person is actually saying

Like when someone texts you it says there name then under it, it says what they said like hey or something but I want to know how you make it just say I message like when someone texts you the persons name pops up then under it it just says iMessage instead of hey or hi or whatever
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: How to make I messages pop up by saying I message instead of what the person is actually saying

In other words you want it not to show the message. Disable banner notification is all I saw right now when I went through the settings. Other than disabling, I don't know of any other privacy setting. So when the message pops up, anyone looking at your phone can see the message.
    iMore Elite

Default Re: How to make I messages pop up by saying I message instead of what the person is actually saying

Settings > Notifications > Messages > Messages Options > "Show Previews" > OFF