Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Does anyone know if a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina is enough for engineering student?

I understand that the 15" might have more features that would be beneficial, but it is a little cost prohibitive. I am looking at 13" Pro with Retina, 2.7GHz Dual-core, 8GB ram, 128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage. Will this work?
    iMore Genius

Default Re: Does anyone know if a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina is enough for engineering student?

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I understand that the 15" might have more features that would be beneficial, but it is a little cost prohibitive. I am looking at 13" Pro with Retina, 2.7GHz Dual-core, 8GB ram, 128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage. Will this work?
    Here are some links that should help you https://www.reddit.com/r/Engineering...ical_engineer/
    Mac: Mechanical Engineering student: Which MBP with retina is best? - Apple
    Which MBP for an engineering student? | MacRumors Forums

Default Re: Does anyone know if a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina is enough for engineering student?

I'm sure you'll be fine with the specs you posted. The SSD and 8 GB RAM will make a bigger difference than the processor IMO. You may want to consider 16 GB of RAM though, if you can swing it.

I'm not sure how helpful articles and forum threads from 2012 and 2013 will be. All of the models posted in the responses are outdated at this point.