My iPhone 4 won't hold a charge. Can I replace the battery?

I

iMore Question

My iphone 4 wont hold a charge Can I replace the battery

My phone battery needs to be charged several times during the day. I have allowed it to get to the red and I cant seem to get it back up. Do I need to get a new battery?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: My iphone 4 wont hold a charge Can I replace the battery

The question you need to ask is do you WANT to replace the battery? Yes it can be done, Apple charges 79 US to do it, but is it really worth doing on such an old phone? Wouldn't you be better off upgrading? If not to the latest model then at least to a used but newer model?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Some people still use the older devices and battery replacements are still available so the decision is yours

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I changed battery in my 4S, it was really easy. I bought a battery and the tools to do it and there was no problems. Cost me less than $15 and my phone was great after battery change. Either you change your battery or upgrade to a SE if you like a smaller phone

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Apple price for this very simple operation far too high, especially as you won't get any warranty benetit

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Apple price might be a little high but if you short something out or have other problems by doing it yourself the cost could end up being greater.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I still vote replacing it with either a good newer used model, OR maybe if you can hold out waiting for the iPhone 7. OR waiting for the iPhone 7 and then buying used THEN when there is a glut of iPhone 6 & 6Ss on the market. :)

If you can hold out, once the iPhone 7 hits, many of us crazies who HAVE to have the latest and greatest (yes that's me) will be selling our newer (and well kept) iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus phones. :) Since there will be such a glut in the market you'll get a good price. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2