Since I would be traveling lot I can't get apple care everywhere so I need insurance which could get cover theft and vandalism, please suggest some good companies.
    08-10-2016 09:56 PM
    Well Apple Care, which you have dismissed already is probably the best, BUT maybe Square Trade?

Square Trade
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-11-2016 09:59 AM
    Since I would be traveling lot I can't get apple care everywhere so I need insurance which could get cover theft and vandalism, please suggest some good companies.
    Square Trade is the best. SquareTrade will not cover theft. Only personal property insurance will cover theft. AppleCare doesn't cover drops and spills or accidental damage. AppleCare is just an extended warranty.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:13 AM
    Square Trade is the best. SquareTrade will not cover theft. Only personal property insurance will cover theft. AppleCare doesn't cover drops and spills or accidental damage. AppleCare is just an extended warranty.
    Incorrect. Apple Care + does cover physical damage. That's the insurance Pkcable is referring to. I have it on my 9.7 Pro and all of my iPhones.
    pkcable and DarlaMack like this.
    08-11-2016 10:30 AM
    Oops. Duplicate.
    08-11-2016 10:31 AM
    Apple Care + does cover physical damage. That's the insurance Pkcable is referring to. I have it on my 9.7 Pro and all of my iPhones.
    I know for a MacBook Pro accidental damage is not cover. SquareTrade I have for my iPhone and haven't had any trouble with them.
    08-11-2016 10:33 AM
    Comparing Apple Care & Square Trade is like comparing Lexus to Acura. I would comfortably recommend either.
    MaciLicous likes this.
    08-11-2016 11:33 AM
    I know for a MacBook Pro accidental damage is not cover. SquareTrade I have for my iPhone and haven't had any trouble with them.
    But we aren't talking about a MacBook here. Apple care plus covers physical damage on all iOS devices.
    08-11-2016 11:56 AM
    http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-2016 12:00 PM
    Actually... depending on the accidental damage, Apple Care + does cover physical damage. I had my screen on my MBPR replaced for free. Guess it depends on the situation.
    08-12-2016 03:00 PM
    Actually... depending on the accidental damage, Apple Care + does cover physical damage. I had my screen on my MBPR replaced for free. Guess it depends on the situation.
    But we are not talking about a MacBook here. We are taking about an iPad. Physical damage is covered on Apple care + on iPads and iPhones. MacBook is a completely different story.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-12-2016 03:58 PM
    But we are not talking about a MacBook here. We are taking about an iPad. Physical damage is covered on Apple care + on iPads and iPhones. MacBook is a completely different story.
    I know that... but since it was mentioned I figured I'd add to it, not taking away from the fact that again... we're talking about an iPad!
    08-12-2016 04:00 PM
    I know that... but since it was mentioned I figured I'd add to it, not taking away from the fact that again... we're talking about an iPad!
    They just made an exception in your case. They can do that if they wish. Normally physical damage would not be covered on a MacBook. Just there is no guarantees if a MacBook has damage they will cover it. Typically that would be an out of warranty repair.
    08-12-2016 04:03 PM
    They just made an exception in your case. They can do that if they wish. Normally physical damage would not be covered on a MacBook. Just there is no guarantees if a MacBook has damage they will cover it. Typically that would be an out of warranty repair.
    Ok
    08-12-2016 04:08 PM
    Apple is famous for making exceptions . They are quite good about going out of their way to cover you if at all possible, and often go above and beyond!
    08-14-2016 08:59 AM