Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By MaciLicous
  • 2 Post By Garz
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By Garz
  • 1 Post By Garz
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question
    iMore Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Since I would be traveling lot I can't get apple care everywhere so I need insurance which could get cover theft and vandalism, please suggest some good companies.
  2. #2  
    pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    3,659 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Well Apple Care, which you have dismissed already is probably the best, BUT maybe Square Trade?

    Square Trade
    DarlaMack likes this.
  3. #3  
    MaciLicous's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    50 Posts

    Default Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Since I would be traveling lot I can't get apple care everywhere so I need insurance which could get cover theft and vandalism, please suggest some good companies.
    Square Trade is the best. SquareTrade will not cover theft. Only personal property insurance will cover theft. AppleCare doesn't cover drops and spills or accidental damage. AppleCare is just an extended warranty.
    pkcable likes this.
  4. #4  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaciLicous View Post
    Square Trade is the best. SquareTrade will not cover theft. Only personal property insurance will cover theft. AppleCare doesn't cover drops and spills or accidental damage. AppleCare is just an extended warranty.
    Incorrect. Apple Care + does cover physical damage. That's the insurance Pkcable is referring to. I have it on my 9.7 Pro and all of my iPhones.
    pkcable and DarlaMack like this.
  5. #5  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Oops. Duplicate.
  6. #6  
    MaciLicous's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    50 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Apple Care + does cover physical damage. That's the insurance Pkcable is referring to. I have it on my 9.7 Pro and all of my iPhones.
    I know for a MacBook Pro accidental damage is not cover. SquareTrade I have for my iPhone and haven't had any trouble with them.
  7. #7  
    pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    3,659 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Comparing Apple Care & Square Trade is like comparing Lexus to Acura. I would comfortably recommend either.
    MaciLicous likes this.
  8. #8  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaciLicous View Post
    I know for a MacBook Pro accidental damage is not cover. SquareTrade I have for my iPhone and haven't had any trouble with them.
    But we aren't talking about a MacBook here. Apple care plus covers physical damage on all iOS devices.
  9. #9  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaciLicous View Post
    I know for a MacBook Pro accidental damage is not cover. SquareTrade I have for my iPhone and haven't had any trouble with them.
    http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html
    pkcable likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Actually... depending on the accidental damage, Apple Care + does cover physical damage. I had my screen on my MBPR replaced for free. Guess it depends on the situation.
  11. #11  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarlaMack View Post
    Actually... depending on the accidental damage, Apple Care + does cover physical damage. I had my screen on my MBPR replaced for free. Guess it depends on the situation.
    But we are not talking about a MacBook here. We are taking about an iPad. Physical damage is covered on Apple care + on iPads and iPhones. MacBook is a completely different story.
    DarlaMack likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    But we are not talking about a MacBook here. We are taking about an iPad. Physical damage is covered on Apple care + on iPads and iPhones. MacBook is a completely different story.
    I know that... but since it was mentioned I figured I'd add to it, not taking away from the fact that again... we're talking about an iPad!
  13. #13  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarlaMack View Post
    I know that... but since it was mentioned I figured I'd add to it, not taking away from the fact that again... we're talking about an iPad!
    They just made an exception in your case. They can do that if they wish. Normally physical damage would not be covered on a MacBook. Just there is no guarantees if a MacBook has damage they will cover it. Typically that would be an out of warranty repair.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    They just made an exception in your case. They can do that if they wish. Normally physical damage would not be covered on a MacBook. Just there is no guarantees if a MacBook has damage they will cover it. Typically that would be an out of warranty repair.
    Ok
  15. #15  
    pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    3,659 Posts

    Default Re: Bought 9.7 inch iPad and I want to have insurance which is good one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    They just made an exception in your case. They can do that if they wish. Normally physical damage would not be covered on a MacBook. Just there is no guarantees if a MacBook has damage they will cover it. Typically that would be an out of warranty repair.
    Apple is famous for making exceptions . They are quite good about going out of their way to cover you if at all possible, and often go above and beyond!

Similar Threads

  1. Boot Camp and Windows 8.1
    By ivantwilliams in forum iMac
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 06:49 PM
  2. Move Pokemon Go data from one email account to another
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 01:15 AM
  3. Where can i buy good bag for my Macbook?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 10:14 PM
  4. Hearthstone iPad Pro 60FPS?
    By TimesNeverWasted in forum iPad Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 09:25 PM
  5. Why is my iPhone battery case peeling?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions