Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Messages and notifications settings (iPhone SE)

Heyo,

I'm a new iPhone SE user and so far I'm very happy with this new device. However I have two questions regarding messaging and message notifications on the lock screen.

1) I use my phone for receiving and sending e-mail with Mail. My issue here is that I only see the received messages, but there are no sent e-mails shown. I would like to have a chat-like interface as it is in Mail on my Macbook. Is it possible to get this?

2) Everytime someone texts me via WhatsApp, there is a notification shown on my lock screen. What I don't like is the fact, that for each message someone sends me, there is a new notification. Is it possible to show just one notification per contact? It doesn't interested me, how often a contact texted me, just that this contact texted me one, two...several times. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Default Re: Messages and notifications settings (iPhone SE)

Hi, welcome to iMore.

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Heyo,

I'm a new iPhone SE user and so far I'm very happy with this new device. However I have two questions regarding messaging and message notifications on the lock screen.

1) I use my phone for receiving and sending e-mail with Mail. My issue here is that I only see the received messages, but there are no sent e-mails shown. I would like to have a chat-like interface as it is in Mail on my Macbook. Is it possible to get this?
    go to Settings > Mail and enable everything under Threading

2) Everytime someone texts me via WhatsApp, there is a notification shown on my lock screen. What I don't like is the fact, that for each message someone sends me, there is a new notification. Is it possible to show just one notification per contact? It doesn't interested me, how often a contact texted me, just that this contact texted me one, two...several times. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Unfortunately this is not possible, you will get a notification for each text you receive.
    On the Apple Watch on the other hand you do get 1 notification for it. But that is only because there is no app for whatsapp for the Apple Watch.