I work for a company that has an app and has to rely on the developer to do his job. We are clueless about programming and to top it off I'm the only one who is fluent in English. The developer claims that he embedding a survey or making other changes to the app needs to be approved and the approval process takes months on end. So... is that true? Does Apple need to review every change and does the process take months?
    08-09-2016 08:20 PM
  2. alinpha said: Best Answer

Approval times are same for new apps as well as app updates.
    You can check average approval times at appreviewtimes.com
    The link below may provide you with helpful information regarding Apple's app approval process.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_app_approvals
    08-09-2016 08:33 PM
    Welcome to iMore! The link that Just_Me_D posted has some great details but the vast majority of apps are approved within 7 business days.
    08-09-2016 08:38 PM
  5. Happiness is Observing the world from my perch's Avatar
    Hello! Thanks for taking the time to reply and provide a link. I read it and but I want to make sure I really got it.

I am wondering whether the approval process is short also to update an app. Our app has been published for some time now and we've got a few subscribers. One of the things we've asked the developer is to embed a survey so we can find out why subscribers are leaving. The developer says he will need to submit paperwork and that Apple takes months to respond. We're asking him to make some changes so our app will be easier to navigate and also change the way we are presenting information. He says that will take time, not for him and placing the lengthy process time on Apple.

So... whether an app for the first time or it's an update to the existing app, the approval process takes a few days?
    08-10-2016 02:23 AM
    Approval times are same for new apps as well as app updates.
    You can check average approval times at appreviewtimes.com
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-10-2016 04:43 AM